Saturday, January 16, 2010

Meet the new boss, same as the old boss...

Welcome to the new blog. After totally screwing up my last one to the point of not being able to access it ever again, I've decided to start over. My goal with this one is the same as my old one, show off my art and make commentary about stupid crap.
But, I do plan to do some things differently. I do plan to make a concerted effort to post art on a weekly basis, hopefully several times a week. It's just a matter of doing it. I also plan to show what I do. I know, you're thinking "you draw, duh." Well more to the point, I'm an inker of comics, I take other peoples work and add my spin to it. To quote one of my favorite artists, Terry Austin, who stated in an interview once that "an inker's job is to take what's there, and make it better". If you dont know who Terry is, than you need to get slapped. He was the inker on Chris Claremont and John Byrne's run on X-Men in the 70's and early 80's. He also inked the late, great Marshall Rogers on Detective Comics in the 70's as well. The guy is a master and one hell of a nice guy.
I'm planning on showing off my inks. I'm a follower of a lot of different artists blogs, and lots of these guys post their pencil work, be it sketches, pages, whatever. Each week, I will find one from the many I follow and ink it, to see what I can come up with. It may not be in my style either. I might decide to go into a slick Scott WIlliams style, or a heavy Klaus Janson. I may just experiment with different tools. I dunno yet. I just know it will be fun, and hopefully will show how inking is an artform. Hope you will join me.

Not a tracer!!

2 comments: